Stepping Stones is a non-profit organization committed to pursuing creative solutions to the world’s toughest challenges,
starting with improved access to quality education.
We collaborate with developing communities to build
sustainable education systems.
We envision a planet where all individuals have access to quality education and work collectively to solve complex global issues, empowering those in need to reach their full potential.
Stepping Stones delivers knowledge and support to developing communities around the world, while local partners provide valuable resources and participation to promote joint ownership of programs.
- Redefine charitable giving. 100% of public donations are used to fund our projects; so every dollar has a direct impact in the field.
- Collaborative business model. Communities set ambitious goals to subsidize the construction and operations of each project; providing land, physical labor, or other raw materials (up to 30% of total cost).
- Emphasize transparency. Our team carefully tracks donations and provides investors with on-going progress reports, which include images and coordinates of our projects in the field.
We target incongruent development gaps between primary and secondary schools, through improved access to quality schools, libraries, and technology-based information centers.
We establish safe schools for our students where they can learn and grow in well-designed, comfortable environments.
Poverty alleviation starts with educated women. We hire and train female teachers who act as role models for marginalized young girls and communities.
Our schools include libraries with engaging reading to supplement our curriculums and foster continued learning.
We build computer labs to help students gain valuable technological skills needed to succeed in today's global workplace.
Our schools provide access to safe drinking water and curriculum that teaches students about the importance of health and sanitation.
Impact & Evaluation
We provide key stakeholders with ongoing impact analysis to quantify how we create value through our programs in the field.
100% of public donations go to our programs.
Stepping Stones delivers impact by providing quality education solutions for young people living in the developing world - join us and help create sustainable pathways for change!
- $5 = puts a book in eager to learn hands.
- $50 = school uniform and backpack, dressed for success
- $5,000 = builds a fully functioning classroom
- $30,000 = builds a school, changing the lives of hundreds.
We work worldwide and have a small team dedicated to educating young people living in the world's poorest countries. Our team has experience constructing educational centers, creating tailored educational curriculum, and community outreach.
Nepal Country Director
Shree Landruk Principal
Director of Technology
Whether you have a question about our work, want to get involved or just want to say hello, we’d love to hear from you.
291 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10007
McCarter & English
1735 Market St., Ste. 700
Philadelphia, PA 19103